HEAD OF FORESTRY
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a head of forestry in sustainable environmental stewardship, dedicated to the preservation and management of natural resources. He must equip a good practical understanding of the challenges and problems faced by the program. This managerial position is pivotal in steering our forestry initiatives on the Tanzanian mainland towards excellence and sustainable growth.
Job Title: Head of Forestry
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Forestry environmental studies or similar certification
Experience: Proven 10 years’ experience in Forestry management, planning and implementation
Budget: 20,000,000 Tsh Gross Pay (Negotiable), plus multiple Benefits
To Apply: https://bit.ly/47ErOjT
- Provide visionary leadership to cultivate a culture of excellence and professionalism within the Forestry Department.
- Operational and Capex budget planning, monitoring and reporting
- Develop and propose solutions, amendments, and interventions that would enhance and improve outcomes
- Plan and implement forestry modular training and general information and advice for the program
- Monitors and Manages Forestry Subordinate activities with farmers, communicating objectives, procedures, etc.
- Analyses tree planting progress and programs.
- Ensure the program is done on time and at the correct standards
- Monitors inputs and trees programmed to ensure investment success.
- Foster a team of dedicated forestry professionals, guiding their development through mentorship and ongoing training.
- Instill a commitment to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement within the department.
- Standardization of documentation between various areas and operations of Tanzania.
- Developing a system that is in line with small-scale farmer timber resource use for sustainable livelihoods.
- indigenous woodland forestation (both planting and regeneration)
- small-scale farmer/ primary society/village scenario
- Prepare and submit as per instructed timeline including all reporting documents required by the National Forestry Coordinator monthly operations and production reports, activity reports
- Form working relationships with other agencies in the area to coordinate activities where necessary.
- Prepare/delegate the responsibility of key information that should be shared through radio broadcasting and bulk mobile messaging on a monthly basis
- Make sure land ownership is secure long-term for tree planting
- Long-term land contractual agreements are in place
- Plant the required target area trees per year as requested by the customer
- Manage staff activities and budget vs actual with the aim of achieving a fully sustainable project
- Proven 10 years’ experience in Forestry management, planning and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry environmental studies or similar certification
- Good communication, practical management, and reporting skills are vital.
- A working knowledge of sustainable forestry management in Africa would be advantageous.
- Strongly demonstrate the ability to equally engage and develop relationships with top levels of Government, Union leaders, and local populations
- Worked in a remote setting in Africa
- Demonstrate at least 3 years of managing a large labour force of different cultures – harmoniously and efficiently
- Proven 3 years’ experience successfully executing large-scale forestry or similar programs
- Strong understanding of local cultures
To Apply: https://bit.ly/47ErOjT
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Offered SalaryMore than 5Mill..
Experience8 Years +